27.4.09

Day 189. The Silent One.

This is the first Spring in a very long time that I have not been busy up to my eyeballs with an annual event that happens here in Columbus. Without really being conscious of it, my life sure has changed a lot during this Spring months, but what I had done was fill the time with all this other stuff I had to do. "A body in motion tends to stay in motion" and all that...

So - two weeks ago, because my husband finally convinced me to get a new TV (the one we had in our room was his first TV from right after college) we gave our TV away to a friend who suddenly needed one and more time passed than we had expected before the new one came. The first day was the hardest - no evening news to fall asleep to...no slowly waking up very early to the headlines...but then, something weird happened. I rediscovered the beauty of silence. Its been a long time since I've been in total complete silence. Its actually made me crave it - and quite frankly, right at this moment, I have absolutely no idea about some of these news headlines that are happening (apparently pigs have the flu?)

Today I am thankful for my friend B who asked for my TV and reminded me that I was happy to help a friend out in need, that material things are just that, and that silence is amazing. The amount of silence right now is allowing some pretty cool stuff to fill in...

No comments: