7.4.09

Day 179. The Good News One.

So! This is one of those posts that's been sitting in my hopper for a while. And, I shall reveal all at the end, but one of the major reasons was because I want to really do this one justice.

When you're trying to focus on the good in people, and then you find someone else who is on a similar journey to find the positive, its almost like greeting a long lost loved one, or finding a sibling you never had. Your soul feels a little bit brighter, your focus sharpens once again on what you are trying to do, and you have instant admiration for your fellow "good seeker".

I found this person via my dear friend Soren, and boy am I glad I did. Jeanne Huff tells her personal story better than I can in the initial entry in her "First, the Good News" project. Since then, Jeanne has faithfully documented the good that people, organizations, governments (yeah, who knew ;) ) are doing. I mean, really, look at some of these entries - they are step by step instructions on how to make your life better!

While many of her examples are often local, what I particularly enjoy is that even the local efforts that she shares are presented in a way to inspire you. Her stories often compel me to want to head out to Boise and see these great things she shares. (Hey, Boise Chamber of Commerce, pay attention to one of your best advocates!!!)

I also like to imagine that readers of Jeanne's blog feel the motivation to replicate some of the acts that she shares with us in her entries. In a way, its a tip sheet "to make the world a better place".

I find Jeanne to be a very talented writer and a thoughful blogger. And here's the hidden reason for some of my timing of this entry...I was honored last week to become one of Jeanne's subjects. I must be honest and tell you that when I got the email that started our "interview" it was like the best Christmas ever. But I didn't want to post this entry right away so that you all can focus on "Good News" other than little ol' me ;)

So, please, now that my entry is buried a bit, please do take time to puruse "First, the Good News". The name says so much, let's take time to make the "good news" first in our readers, minds, hearts and actions. Jeanne - I love what you are doing and I have the highest respect for you. I was beyond honored and humbled to be part of your project and know that you have inspired me - and others - through your work!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I headed over here from Jeanne's blog. I heard about it on the news hear in Boise and have been following it since.

She is doing a good thing and the timing is perfect. So many not good things are happening and it is so greaat that some is highlighting the GOOD!

I'm going to bookmark your blog and come back when I have time to read more. It sounds like you are doing great things too.

Blessings,
Christine