25.2.09

Day 153. The Just Plain Cool One.

I shouldn't be surprised that if I write about someone, eventually, I will end up writing about their spouse. A while back I wrote about my friend, Anna.  If you remember that post, or take time to read it anew, you'll see that part of why we even met in the first place is because I went to high school with her husband, Brian. Today, Brian gets his very own, well deserved, mention!

I remember Brian to be a good person in high school, but what's more important is what a quality person he is today. He's already received the highly elusive "stamp of approval" from my husband, and for so many reasons, I am impressed by Brian every day. There are some of the more obvious things that Brian is doing with his life: he has supported Anna through her battle with breast cancer and become a strong advocate in the fight against the disease; he stands up for animals and their fair treatment and care; he'll drive all the way to DC and back in 2 days to see the inauguration; he'll grab you a beer when you are on the other side of the table from the bar. And then there are those things that happen on a more personal level...

In this last week, Brian has again showed how amazing he is. I will not be going into a lot of detail here about things because something happened that I consider to be personal and another thing, of which I am the beneficiary is something that I know many others are just as, if not more, worthy than I am. Suffice it to say, that with a lot going on, Brian was kind, generous, went waaaaaaaaaay above the call of duty, and did something really cool for me while also being supportive during something else that also demanded his attention.

Brian is the type of person I like writing about the most, because the most beautiful people are those we encounter in our every day lives who are doing truly amazing things, on any (or every!) scale. Brian makes an impact on a lot of people and is the epitome of what this blog is all about.

No comments: