22.1.09

Day 128. The Original Blog One.

So. Here we are, in the thick of it. Blogging for 365 days. I have friends who are trying to do a Project 365 lots of ways right now...one is podcasting almost every day, a few others are blogging as well with different focuses. But, lately, I've been thinking a lot about how psuedo-comfortable I've become here. A few years ago, if you had told me that I would be writing something that would just be "out there" I'd have thought you were ridiculous. I'd have thought what in the world would I have to say that isn't just ego feeding rubbish?

I had had a blog for a while but quite frankly, it was lame, because I didn't know what I was doing nor did I really feel "safe" writing freely on the web. Enough about me, why do I share this? Because one of my very special friends, Jeremy is arguably the impetus for me even writing here today. You see, I met Jeremy in New Media...we see each other in person only a few times a year, but he had reached out to me on Twitter and we clicked. It was one of those weird funky things where you can feel your personalities jive across the lines of communication.

In person, Jeremy is tremendous. I think he is one of those people who is good to the core. He is so nice and fun to be around and I am always really happy to see him and spend time with him. In some way, he may be a brother I never had. But the real gift that Jeremy gave me was his thoughts. I had found his blog and was reading up on it (its all about the ferrets people - seriously, its the funniest video out there. I watch it all the time) and then I found THIS post...this post said everything I was feeling. This post said everything that I wished I could write but was not talented enough to do so. In the reading of my friend's writing, I suddenly knew I could give a valiant shot to this blogging thing and that, no matter WHAT it ended up being, it'd be ok :). And so, in addition to being someone I really REALLY like, Jeremy you're the one that made all this possible! LOL

No comments: