4.12.08

Day 91. The Generally Speaking One.

OK, so someone blew my hand...this entry has been sitting in my queue for a while, but with life changing every day, I thought this was the right time to honor this person. Today, I think its important to recognize the person that is Cliff Ravenscraft.  I've been able to get to know many facets of Cliff - professional, personal, spiritual. That in itself is a gift. I can truly say that Cliff is an amazing example of a man, a friend, a husband and a father. In the little things I've seen Cliff do in his life I often have my faith in humanity restored.

But, in reflecting on Cliff, there was one special quality that I wanted to highlight, and that is his open-mindedness. Those of you who may also know Cliff may laugh upon first reading that, but hear me out. When I think of how Cliff lives his life, what always sticks is his ability to see that which does not exist. I see him explore new business ventures that aren't yet established, I see him figure out a new technology and make it pertinent and useful. I see him bend and mold his profession as he sees new angles, opportunities, challenges. I see him listen and consider conflicting points of view to his own and debate these things with respect, curiousity and interest. I see him continually explore the right environment for himself and his family whether that fits an established norm or not. Cliff is always open to the possibilities, more so than many many people that I know. And that, is being open-minded and not just conforming to what you (or someone else!) thinks you should do. 

It is important to also say that Cliff's open-mindedness is tempered by a strongly developed sense of spirituality and what is "right" and "wrong". He's not just going for the easy way...he's going for the best way - even if that path hasn't been forged yet. 

So to Cliff - who reminds me every day that the right answer will often be something that is new to everyone, including you, thanks for bringing your energy into the world.

4 comments:

Cliff J. Ravenscraft said...

Alison,

You are an amazing friend and I can't tell you how uplifted your post makes me feel.

As you know from listening to more My Crazy Life episodes than you can count, there are times, a great deal of the time, when I feel extremely confident in who I am and where I'm going.

Then there are times when I feel that I'm just aimlessly blowing in the wind and wonder why anyone would care about who I am or what I have to say.

This past week (Post Vacation Blues) has been one of those times when I just feel overwhelmed by the little things.

Your post brought a smile to my face. Yes, I have these times when I feel down. What you wrote reminds me that I don't feel like I do this week all the time. It reminds me that I've been here before and as they say.. "It came to PASS!!!!"

Thank you for helping me to see the "full picture" of me and not just the image I've seen when I woke up and looked in the mirror to see this week!

The world needs more friends like you and I'm thankful to have you as a friend!

A friend of my quoted a scripture verse the other day and it is appropriate for me to quote this same scripture reference to you...

I thank my God every time I remember you. (Philippians 1:3)

FredFromLongIsland said...

Both you and Cliff certainly brighten every day for me. Thanks for writing the words that all the members of the GSPN community would want to say.

Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

Alison,
You did a great job with this post. It is great to see, hear, and experience the authenticity of Cliff & Steph and how it encourages us all in the gspn.tv family to be the same way! May the Lord richly bless your day!

Faith said...

This is a beautiful idea and a wonderful way to honor great people in your life. I'm glad you're doing it, and I'm glad Cliff pointed it out so I can keep on reading.