25.11.08

Day 84. The Thankful One.

Corporate thankfulness. Oxymoron? Usually, until I found this site today: Let's Say Thanks. This is a lovely little idea, sponsored by Xerox, with a small note from the Xerox CEO, Anne M. Mulcohy. I love this site for a lot of reasons...it uses art created by children; it uses technology in one of the most meaningful ways - enabling anyone to do as much or as little as they want to send a note of thanks to troops; it also provides something I think is too often forgotten - the feedback loop - you can see notes back from service men and women who have received this lovely little card. So as we near a day meant for thanks, I thought this was a cool find...

You thought I was going to thank Xerox didn't you? Well you're wrong, I'm actually thanking the person who brought this to my attention...my virtual friend Soren who's lurked around this blog sometimes because we have a mutual friend who so generously pimps me from time to time. And while Xerox definitely deserves major props for this phenomenal service, I must first honor Soren who brought this to my attention and continually has a gift with words - which I have the utmost respect for. So please, visit his blog about Let's Say Thanks...and then hang out there...its always good. [His entry about this program says everything I don't have the skill to say about it.] 

And to Soren, thank you for always being amazing and thought provoking in your writing...I'm glad our paths have crossed.

4 comments:

sorenj said...

I am honored, blown away, and many many other really good words at being mentioned in this blog!

I do lurk here, because its good for me! The attitude and inspiration are fantastic and, I hope, contagious.

To be included in this leaves me speechless (well, except for the stuff I already said of course ;) )

In simpler terms...

Thank you :)

Johnny Cordova said...

i unfortunately don't have the time to consciously write appreciative things for everyone. so many real things to do. but being someone who has a constant appreciation for everything in his life, i don't feel the need to preach to the choir. those who know know, those who don't wouldn't get it anyway. and i'm not into support groups. but it sounds like you're touching some people here and that's more than most are capable of. so kudos to you. but remember, the most loved are not always the most valuable... happy thanksgiving...

Devyl Gyrl said...

Thinks that dude is totally missing the point.

I'm so glad you highlighted Soren - he's amazing and always gives wholeheartedly in the things he does. He is an inspiration to all ...

As are you, sweet Alison.

xoxo

Solidinkoutlet said...

I am dedicating this post to all of our soldiers in Iraq and other states fighting for our country! Young men get drafted into the army and most are not really aware of the corruptness of the government with every political issue or economic issue.
These young men in the army are literally fighting for their lives since it is their 'nations duty'
Lets all take a moment and really admire our talented individuals fighting for our lives too..