1.11.08

Day 62. The Automotive One.

So we're shopping for a new car. We have a friend, Ted, who has an expert car detailing business. He is a master - knows how to keep cars in good condition, spot a good car, evaluate a car and so much more. Plus he's found a way to turn his passion for fine cars into his business...

As we've been looking at what to get, we've really been leaning heavily on him asking stupid questions that are really below his level and taking a lot of his time, asking for help, asking for him to test drive cars with us. Well yesterday a "perfect" car kinda fell in to our lap. Just Stephen and I were there and we test drove it, got the number and went home to ponder it. As we were driving home, I left Ted a voicemail just filling him in. Do you know what Ted did? He drove over to our side of town, went to the dealership, talked to the salesman, evaluated the car, test drove the car and then called to talk to us in detail about if it was the right car or not. I was floored. I mean, I know Ted is a great person, but I am so appreciative that he took the time out of his day to do all this for us. How generous in spirit. I don't know if he realized how much that meant to me not only the act itself, but the gift of the peace of mind I had after hearing his evaluation and endorsement. (and yes, Ted approves of the car too :) ) 

So for my special friend Ted, who further demonstrated what a great great friend he is...THANK YOU!!!

No comments: