19.10.08

Week 9. Reflections.

Its been a very difficult week for me to see the good in people...every single day this week something really bad happened to me or one of my close friends at the hands of someone else, and most of these acts were intentional. Sometimes, people just aren't nice people and sometimes people just aren't going to do nice things I guess. It has gotten me fairly down in the dumps at times...so this past week, I give myself a little gold star for even being able to keep up.

What was interesting, is that there were some people I had already picked to honor as this is usually such a blessing since I'm not racking my brain for "who to write about" but it was actually MORE difficult to write about these people versus the couple that I happened upon in the course of last week and wrote about "spur of the moment" style. Don't know what to make of that, like I said, its interesting...

Anyway - sometimes life just stinks. So we push on through, hoping for the flip side...I blame the full moon :)

3 comments:

Cliff J. Ravenscraft said...

Alison, I'm so bummed to hear about your terrible week. Let me assure you tyt there are great people out there.

It's just that mean people's actions are so much louder than those of the truly cool people like yourself.

Don't forget that some mean people aren't always mean on the inside. Sometimes, they are experiencing deep hurts in their own lives. There is truth to the Misery Loves Company statement.

Praying you have a better week filled with encounters with awesome people!

Mary said...

Alison
I love what I have read so fare. I hope you next week is better.


Mary from GSPN

iandrea said...

All I can say is serendipity and synchronicity twin.

Here's to next week being better!

I'm so proud of you for keeping up with the blog even when it would have been easier to focus on the negatives which just seem to stand out. I admire and respect you so much for documenting honestly that some weeks are harder than others.

I'm hoping next week is a better week for both of us.

xoxo.