7.10.08

Day 40-41. The Living Ones.

I had plans to continue on our "tour de Europe" recognition plan, but we are going to take a slight detour. I would like to introduce you all to Nathan, Tricia and Gwyneth. (see there? three people on one day - how lucky are YOU!?!?)

In any case - I will quickly cover the basics. Nathan and Tricia were married, and Tricia who has been living with Cystic Fibrosis has had a year of challenges and miracles - a baby that was always wanted but never thought could be a reality, a lung transplant, and now a battle with a unique form of cancer as a result of the transplant operation. I am not doing this story justice so I can only point you to their blog that chronicles their story. I read their blog every day...

I don't know this family other than through what I read and see on their web pages and I have found them to be a gift to us all. There are lots of things thrown at this precious family every day - I know a little about this disease from friends of mine who have fought it but I am consistently astounded at Nathan and Tricia's ability to always move forward - conscientiously, thoughtfully and after seeking knowledge and faith. And then there is little Gwyneth Rose...a true miracle, and what a sweet one. This precious little baby, like her mommy is defying the odds and her photos and accomplishments always make me smile.

It may be obvious why I chose these people, but let me say it here as well...their story, to me, is NOT about battling a disease. It is about love, and it is about faith. Every day I know with certainty that they are looking for positivity in their situation. They celebrate, they have fun, they are honest about the ups and the downs. Even more important I also have tremendous respect for the balance that they have drawn between what they share and what they do not. If you follow their blog you will come to know a tremendous amount about this family, but at the same time, you will trust that was is shared is done so with much contemplation and you will respect that there are some things that they keep to themselves. They are living life in the purest sense of the word. No matter what you believe, take a moment today to send some positive energy their way, through prayer, mediation, thought or however you choose to do so...