31.8.08

Week 2. Reflections.

A new friend of mine - who I'm sure will appear on here when (s)he least expects it...;)....made an excellent suggestion that i think I am going to follow. I'm going to find a way to make some non-ostentatious business cards with the URL for my blog on it and a brief description to give to those who may appear on here at some point and time so they know to stop by and see "their name in print"...I really hope it helps close the loop so that people who are doing extraordinary things in ordinary days will know they are appreciated.

On another brief note - doing this has certainly heightened my awareness of other things going on around me. I find myself to be quite affected by those who seem to be after things on a superficial level or those who are willing to disregard or ignore the essence of relationships and the unique beauty in each person. I'm having a hard time with this. I was born an inherent optimist and believer in the good in people...I certainly have been disproven numerous times but I wish that people could find a moment in each day to find that which is good and true in every other person. 

We've got some good folks to highlight this week...I thank those of you who've found this lil' blog and have joined me in this journey. Truly, it is a tremendous honor to know people are reading this...not for me, but for those who are doing so much good in the world.

1 comment:

iandrea said...

Alison!!!!
I absolutely love your blog. You're so right. So many people go through life with a self righteous and arrogant attitude, they don't realize the disservice they are doing not only to themselves, but the people who surround them.

Thank you for taking the time to appreciate the the little things, and focusing on the bigger picture. Everyone has beauty in them, and I appreciate you highlighting those who have had a positive impact on your life. Regardless of it was a brief encounter, or a lifelong friend or loved one.

I commend you and respect you so much for looking past the superfluousness and focusing on whats important: People, and the relationships we can build. As wise friend once said "When everything else goes away - it will be the friends u have made and the relationships u have built that will sustain you"

Love ya.