22.8.08

Day 6. The Fashionable One.



Nothing makes me happy like a good pair of shoes. Planning an outfit around a new pair of shoes can just make my day...so today we celebrate Manolo Blahnik. Yes, his work has become part of the pop culture lexicon, but the man has been designing shoes for over 30 years, well before his umpteen mentions on Sex and the City. And while Jimmy Choo isn't even the real designer, and Christian Louboutin gets a little too gimmicky for me with the red soles, Manolo's were part of the beginning of shoes as definitive style...

And, while I can wax superficially for hours on shoes, I do want to say that Mr. Blahnik truly is an artist. How can you not consider something like this shoe art? Mr. Blahnik thank you for bringing beauty back into the world a foot at a time...you made it OK for women to indulge their girly side just a little bit more, and express their sense of fun. Now if we can just do something about those prices....



No comments: