29.8.08

Day 13. The Creative One.

I got my hair cut this week. I came upon my hairstylist Pam somewhat by accident. I'd had bad luck finding a good person and I had FINALLY found someone I really really liked. When I showed up at my appointment one day, turns out he had moved to Seattle. I was about to just leave when Pam stepped up and said she'd do my hair if I'd like. Boy am I glad she did. I'm no fashion plate, but she always manages to give me something a little bit different each time I am there and more importantly, she makes me feel good about the way I look when I leave. (plus her styles are UBER easy to maintain which is key...ladies, you know what I'm talking about)

Anyway - I appreciate Pam so much. I appreciate her stepping up to help me that first day, and more I appreciate her creativity. It seems simple, I guess, to say someone can cut hair. But I think it takes quite a bit of thoughtfulness and artistic talent to figure out what to do to make someone look their best. Not to mention the semi-professional psychology degree sometimes required to figure out how much change someone can take and/or to listen to them whine while you do their hair. 

Pam is really gifted on both of those fronts and I love that she fosters the creativity that she has inside her every single day. 

2 comments:

Devyl Gyrl said...

I was so excited about your blog when I found it last night, that I forgot to COMMENT on it! Gracious, I don't know what I was thinking!

I love this project. I can't wait to read more. I'm so glad I decided to click on the link in your profile - I rarely do that, I prefer to wait til someone thinks they have something they want to share and Plurks or Tweets a link to a particular post.

Last night, though, I wanted to get to know more about YOU - we Plurk together, but not often, and not in detail. And something told me I'd like what I found.

So, here I am, in awe. What a beautiful project. I am amazed, and delighted.

Thank you for sharing!

Devyl Gyrl said...

D'oh! I *still* forgot what I wanted to say originally -

I love that you are picking everyday, random people. I love that you find inspiration in tasks and actions that others find mundane.

I hope that some of the people you blog about find your blog and are inspired to do something like this themselves.

I think, personally, you should have a simple business card made up with your blog address, and when you know someone has inspired you that day, give it to the person and ask them to check it out, they'll be highlighted. It would have come in handy for the gentleman at the restaurant with the better-than-Isaac Hayes-voice, or your hairdresser. ;)

Thank you again!!