27.8.08

Day 11. The Flying One.

I flew home from New York today and I think its really really important to acknowledge my PILOT. Did ya ever think about what these men and women do? They steer a multi-ton hulking mass of electronics and steel through the air tens of thousands of feet from the ground...making sure to stay on time, on course and give you a comfortable ride. When I think about all that they have to know and be prepared for to do something that I, for one, take for granted its astounding.

There's a lot to complain about these days in airplane travel, but the mere act of getting you to and fro safely truly deserves some respect. So thank you, Mr. Pilot - I appreciate the dedication to your craft that got me hundreds of miles across the country safely. You did a great job.

No comments: